Thursday, July 22, 2010

Taking the Plunge

I've done it. I bit the bullet. I dove in. I drank the KoolAid. I bought a Scotch Advanced Tape Glider!

Scotch ATG714 Adhesive Applicator for 1/4-Inch TapeThis puppy is 9.5 inches tall and 7.5 inches wide and a full 1.5 inches thick! Why in the world would I buy such a giant tape roller?  Well, just google Scotch ATG and you'll read the thousands of rave reviews about it.  Apparently it's the best thing since sliced bread, allowing you to roll yards and yards (12) of tape for $1! (Refills are $10 for 72 yards of the acid free tape at Michaels. Use a 40% coupon and pay only $6)

But what really tipped me over on the decision was that Michaels finally started carrying it.  Not only do they sell their Susan G Komen braded ATG with 2 rolls of tape for $35, which is about the cheapest price I've seen on line, but they also let me use a 40% off coupon for it!  So, I got my bright pink monster for $21 plus tax!

Now being the nerd that I am, I know that I usually only get 13 yards for about $3 when I buy my Tombo Mono adhesive with coupon.  If I subtract $6 for the two rolls of tape included with my ATG, my initial investment is down to $15.  So, I'll need to burn through about 100 yards or three additional rolls of ATG tape to recoup my initial investment. How long will that take? I have no idea. I only keep so much data in this little brain of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment!