Friday, April 29, 2011

First Days Home

 This spread, also for Gunner's baby book, is all about those first few days at home.  Even now, barely more than a year ago, I've forgotten the crying and fatigue and I just remember how sweet he was (and is).  Babies sleep so much those first few weeks- that in itself is a miracle!


Again, I'm branching out here with so much pattened paper, but given how much I have in my cabinet just waiting to be used, it seems only logical to try to incorporate more.

My favorite part of this layout is the journaling block on the left side. My digital blurring makes it loose a lot of the detail (and almost makes it ugly!), but it's the large stamp from the Stampin' Up! 'Notably Ornate' stamp set. It's a really beautiful stamp!

The big dream tag was something in my sister's stash, although I redid about 6 things on it, so maybe I should have just starter from scratch on it instead of destroying a tag!

Also I'll point out that every page in this baby book has something ocean-y on it. I'm hoping it'll tie the whole book together while allowing for a lot of variation from page to page. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment!