Saturday, April 30, 2011

In the Hospital

This is a pair of layouts I created to tell the story of our hospital stay when Gunner was born.




Click to see bigger
 This first one is very plain, but the photos are so meaningful to me that I really wanted to keep it simple. There's a bunch of text below the photos that I've blurred out, but otherwise, it's as you see it.
Click to see bigger

 The second one turned out much more interesting- at least I have more to say about it: First, the footprints were done with this carbon copy type thing that keeps all the ink off the baby- very interesting. However, the ink rubbed off and smeared when you touched it. So, I scanned the image and reprinted it on acid free card stock. I hope this will preserve them nicely.

The second cool thing on this layout is that I used a borrowed mirror stamp to get a second seahorse facing the other direction! it worked very well and was much easier than I imagined (although I'm not sure what exactly I imagined would be hard about it).

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Are those three drops of Crystal Effects by the ribbon slider?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment!