Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendar Introduction


I've been creating an advent book for my own young kids and thought I might as well post it here. Maybe it will be helpful to you! Let me know if/how you're using it!

Advent Calendar Introduction
The word "Advent" means "arrival" or "coming" and symbolizes the approach of Christ's birth (and fulfillment of the prophecies about that event) and the awaiting of Christ's second coming.

In advent we get to light candles. Candles remind us that Jesus said, “I am the Light of the World. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness but will have the Light of Life.” (John 8:12)

There are 5 candles:
  1. Prophesy candle symbolizing hope
  2. Bethlehem candle symbolizing humility and preparation
  3. Shepherds candle symbolizing joy
  4. Angels candle symbolizing peace
  5. Christ’s candle symbolizing love

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment!