Thursday, January 22, 2009

Exhibit 1: Taggie


Taggie was so simple to make! A friend of mine made NJ one and he loved it. So, I made a few more and now we keep one in bed, one in the car, and one in diaper bag.

I made it like I would a pillow- All you do in buy about 8 inches of the ultra soft material (I think it's called minkie?) and 12 pieces of ribbon, each 3 to 4 inches long. Cut the minkie into 2 squares, each 8 in x 8in. Fold each ribbon in half like you want it to look when finished. Lay it down on the nice side of one minkie square with the folded end towards the middle. Pin each ribbon in place. Lay the other square of minkie on top with the nice sides in. Pin in place. Taking care not to let the ribbons move, sew all the way around except for a 1 to 2 in space near one corner. Turn it inside out and hand sew closed the gap- Wa La!

If that doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to revise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment!